Still not sure what kratom powder is or how to take kratom powder? Read on.
In this article:
Kratom Powder Guide: Uses, Benefits, and How to Take It
1. What Is Kratom?
Kratom is a natural remedy born in Southeast Asia that has finally made its way to the Western world. We’ve compiled a guide so you can learn about kratom’s many health benefits, natural remedies like productivity and pain relief, and how to take kratom powder at home. Keep reading for the kratom powder 411.
Kratom comes from the Mitragyna speciosa tree which is grown in many Southeast Asian countries like Thailand, Indonesia, and Myanmar. Additionally, locals have been medicinally using kratom for many years now. Kratom has been known to relieve stress, alleviate anxiety, give an energy boost, and even ease pain. Simply put, kratom is a holistic remedy that serves as the organic alternative to many commercial supplements and medication.
2. Types of Kratom
— Kratom Forum (@kratomforum) September 22, 2017
You need to know the different types of kratom to fully understand what kratom powder is. Kratom comes in 3 forms: raw leaves, powdered, and capsulated.
There aren’t many users who continue to use kratom in its raw leaf form. On the same note, despite their popularity, kratom capsules aren’t favored by many regular users since they come in standardly measured grams. With the kratom powder form, you can create dozens of recipes. The powder form also allows easy regulation of the amount of kratom you ingest.
Additionally, kratom comes in liquid extract form. Kratom liquid extract can arguably be the easiest way to take kratom but it is relatively more expensive than other types of kratom. It can be used as an alternative to the dry powder form which has a bit of a bitter taste.
3. Buy Good Kratom Powder
Purchase from reputable online kratom stores only. You cannot blindly trust any regular store for your kratom because these herbs will be your medication. As such, we highly recommend you should only purchase from trusted kratom vendors like Kratom-K who is also the leading retailer of kratom in the US to date. Many users consider them to be the go-to store for all their kratom needs.
If you’re wondering where to get kratom, our friends at Kratom-K have a wide selection of kratom powder variants you can choose from.
4. How to Take Kratom Powder
All kratom strains are available in powdered form. The leaves of kratom are ground to a fine powder. We often suggest that kratom beginners start with 0.5 grams to 1 gram of powder. You can measure the amount of kratom powder you take by using a digital scale or a regular teaspoon. Take note that half a teaspoon is equivalent to 1.5 grams of kratom.
Alternatively, you can check out kratom recipes. You’ll be surprised at how easily you can introduce this natural medicine into your diet. If you want to know what the best way to take kratom powder is, there are several. Here are some popular methods on how you can take kratom powder:
- Make Kratom Tea – You can do this by boiling a cup of water, then mixing it with your preferred kratom powder. Kratom leaves can also be used to create the tea.
- Milkshake With Kratom – Mix your favorite kratom powder into the milkshake of your choice. You can also mix kratom powder into chocolate-flavored milk.
- Try Kratom With Food – This is one of the best ideas when you want to take your kratom consumption to meal time. Cook your favorite dish (particularly soup dishes), and mix in some kratom powder. It also works great with baking! Here are some good recipes:
- Try Leaf Gel Capsules – Kratom powder can be bitter and unpleasant for some people. Kratom capsules are the best approach if you want to overcome the signature taste. Legitimate distributors and vendors sell kratom powder in gelatin capsule form by the box. If you prefer to make your own, some stores sell kits for people who wish to encapsulate their own kratom powder.
- Add It To Your Milk – Milk is one liquid that can totally mask the taste of kratom powder. Stir the right dosage into any regular or flavored milk. You can even blend your kratom-infused milk to turn it into a milkshake. Make sure though that you drink the kratom-infused milk immediately after preparing. Kratom powder does not totally dissolve in milk, and some particles may settle at the bottom of the glass.
- Add It To Your Apple Sauce – You can add kratom powder to applesauce for an even healthier snack. Simply mix the right amount of kratom powder into the sauce. Make sure the applesauce is at room temperature or the powder might form clumps. Add a spoon of honey or raw sugar until you reach the desired sweetness.
- Stir It In Your Favorite Juice or Smoothie – One of the best ways to drink kratom is to mix it with juice. The taste of kratom powder can also be disguised in your favorite juice. Kratom powder works best with citrus juices, and this is why orange juice is a popular choice. Before adding it in, stir the recommended amount in a small amount of hot water before pouring in cold water.
- Mix It In Your Chocolate Syrup – The flavor and thickness of the chocolate can cancel out the herbal taste of kratom powder once you mix the powder in. You can spoon the kratom-infused chocolate syrup on everything from your breakfast pancakes or ice cream to diced fruits. Consume immediately and don’t store excess chocolate syrup that has been mixed with kratom powder.
- Make Kratom Honey Balls– Many users prefer baking kratom honey balls because they’re easy and practical to bring around. Additionally, honey enhances the alkaloid levels of your preferred kratom
- Make Kratom Jello – Add to any jello mix. You can also create your own kratom jello shots with this recipe.
- Add It To Your Yogurt – Some users like adding kratom powder to yogurt to mask its taste. Take your kratom yogurt on an empty stomach for best results.
- Make Kratom Iced Coffee – Enhance your coffee’s energizing and stimulating effects with kratom powder. You can also add kratom powder to your favorite hot chocolate.
- Try Kratom Ice Cream – You can also mix kratom powder into your favorite ice cream recipe to create a cool and sweet kratom treat. Use this recipe to create your own Maeng Da Kratom powder ice cream.
Check out this video on how to make pumpkin spice kratom latte:
Whatever your preference, the most important thing is that you start small when measuring your daily kratom powder dose. Then, you can work your way up if you’re not feeling the benefits after 20 minutes. Taking kratom in high doses at the onset may become too much for you. Overall, we suggest that both beginners and tenured users try out kratom in its powdered form. Apart from its versatility, it is easier to measure and taking the proper dosage will be much simpler.
Do you know any other ways on how to take kratom powder? Share it with us in the comments section below.
Up Next: How To Prepare A Kratom Paste
Disclaimer: As with any natural remedy, please use discretion on the amount and frequency as it can have adverse effects. You can find our full disclaimer here.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally posted on Nov. 24, 2017, and has been updated for accuracy and quality.