When it’s that time of the month, natural remedies for menstrual cramps are a lifesaver. These monthly “visits” can get bothersome to real painful even with the use of medication. But did you know you can get relief from period pain and its other symptoms with kratom? Read on to learn about it.
Natural Remedies for Menstrual Cramps | Relieve Menstrual Pain With Kratom
What Are Menstrual Cramps?
Also known as dysmenorrhea, this usually occurs right before, during, or after your period. It is often characterized by mild to severe cramps in your lower back or belly. In some cases, menstrual cramps usually get less painful with age or after a woman’s first pregnancy.
Symptoms of Period Pain
Women who experience menstrual cramps feel the following symptoms:
- An aching sensation
- If the pain is too severe, it may result in upset stomach and vomiting.
- The feeling of dull to throbbing pressure in the belly, which may also result in a loose bowel movement.
- Pain in inner thighs, hips, and lower back
Why Women Experience It
Is there really a way to stop period pain forever? If you stop having your period forever, yes, this could happen. Every month, the hormone-like prostaglandins trigger the muscles in the uterus, causing it to contract and expel the uterine lining. If you are experiencing extreme pain, this may be because of the high level of prostaglandins.
Menstrual cramps also occur when you have the following conditions:
- Endometriosis, a painful condition wherein the uterine tissue becomes implanted outside the uterus.
- Uterine fibroids or the non-cancerous growth found in the uterine wall.
- Adenomyosis, where uterine tissue grows in the muscular walls of the uterus instead.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) or female reproductive organ infection due to sexually-transmitted bacteria.
- Cervical stenosis, where the cervix opening is tiny and could cause uterine pressure during menstrual period.
How Kratom Relieves Menstrual Cramps Pain
There is no way to stop the menstrual flow, but there is a natural way to relieve period cramps fast. Kratom is known for its analgesic properties and is even used by naturalists for chronic pain management. Some strains also give out sedative benefits, which is helpful to women who can’t bear the severe pain. Green vein strains also come with energizing benefits, which is perfect for someone who needs to get through a busy schedule or workday.
If you need instant relief from monthly period pain, kratom can be a great natural alternative. On the other hand, it is still important for you to know the basics of using kratom, especially if you are combining it with medication. Be mindful of the dosage as well. Some strains are powerful enough in minimum dosages, and upping it might not give you the benefits you wanted.
If you always feel unbearable pain every month, using kratom as one of the natural remedies for menstrual cramps is a great alternative to manage it. This natural option can stave off the dull, aching pain that may provide you discomfort. On the other hand, do be mindful of the kind of strain you’ll be using, as they may be too potent.
How has kratom help relieved your menstrual pain? Do share your experience with us in the comments section below!
Disclaimer: As with any natural remedy, please use discretion on the amount and frequency as it can have adverse effects. You can find our full disclaimer here.