Kratom powder or extract can be palette-challenging unless you know how to introduce it to your system with tasty kratom recipes. Whether it is in powder or extract form, raw Mitragyna Speciosa may not suit everyone’s taste buds. We’ve compiled seven kratom recipes you might want to try to fully enjoy your favorite botanical product.
Tried and Tested Kratom Recipes
1. Prepare This No-Bake Fudge, Raisin Kratom Pie Ahead
Diluting your kratom extract or powder into any recipe would not reduce its effects. The kratom alkaloids can stand extreme temperatures and is safe to mix into your drinks or food. It might take at least 10 to 15 minutes for kratom to “kick in” though, but the effect might vary per person.
- Combine 4 big tablespoons of kratom powder and half portion of a 10.5-ounce chocolate fudge or fudge brownie mix.
- For extra crunch or texture, add in a cup of organic raisins and/or slivered almonds.
- If you are using kratom extract, combine only at this point with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (or more) to blend the dry ingredients into a batter.
- Mix the batter well. Once done, place the batter in an 8-inch aluminum pie plate.
- Put in the refrigerator to set the batter first, then transfer it to the freezer.
2. Mix Kratom In Your Morning Yogurt
If you’re too busy to enjoy the benefits of kratom in the morning, why not introduce it in your to-go yogurt? Kratom powder blends well with dairy products. Simply stir 5 grams of kratom into a regular cup of plain or flavored yogurt. If you’re feeling fancy, you can turn your yogurt into a festive fruit salad by adding diced fruits like peach, mango, or kiwi. Remember to transfer it into a covered mason jar for you to pack it in your bag for later.
3. Blend Kratom In Your Power Smoothie
If you are not into chocolate, why not try a different option? The bitter taste of kratom powder will be masked by the thick, rich coconut milk in your delicious smoothie. You may also add some seasonal fruits, like blueberries or strawberries for an improved taste.
- In a blender, add 1 cup of coconut milk
- Add your choice of fruits
- Try adding in a scoop of flavored protein powder for nutrition
- Add a cup of crushed ice
- Spoon in 5 grams of kratom powder
- For sweetness, add one tablespoon of raw sugar or honey
- Blend all ingredients for 1-2 minutes
- Store in an individual takeaway cup
4. Go Au Naturale With Juice
Kratom extract or powder goes well with fresh juice. You can to stick with fruits like orange or mix it up with a couple of vegetables. All you need is a basic blender, your choice of fruits or vegetables, and you’re good to go! Blend the following with 5 to 7 grams of kratom powder (or equivalent):
- One apple, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- Handful of kale or spinach, roughly chopped
- Pinch of ginger powder
5. Add In Your Oatmeal
Not just for breakfast, oatmeal can also be a fulfilling snack for those hungry moments. Adding in your energizing kratom powder or extract will give it an extra boost. Add more milk or cream if the oatmeal tastes a bit gritty.
- Put one cup of dry or instant oats in a bowl
- Add 5 to 7 grams of kratom powder
- Heat water or milk
- Stir the heated water or milk into your bowl of oatmeal. Wait for 3 to 5 minutes until oatmeal is cooked.
- Add brown sugar, honey, or stevia to sweeten. You can also choose to add a spoonful of peanut butter
- For texture, add some blueberries or nuts
6. Drink Kratom In Your Coffee
Rejoice, caffeine lovers! You can have your double jolt in the morning by adding kratom powder in your coffee. Simply stir in the kratom powder in your coffee and add the usual amount of milk and sugar. If you don’t like coffee, you can use kratom as a tea substitute, and add in milk and sweetener to make milk tea.
7. Enjoy It In Your Milkshake
A kratom-infused milkshake is an awesome beverage to enjoy in the hot season. To make your own special milkshake, just add 1 to 2 tablespoons of cold liquid milk chocolate and one dose of kratom powder in a glass. Stir both ingredients until the kratom powder dissolves with the milk chocolate to a paste-like consistency. Add a few more tablespoons of chocolate milk or liquid ice cream while stirring until you’ve reached near the top of the glass. Add the remaining chocolate milk and continue stirring until well-mixed.
There are many other kratom recipes online that you can try. But the best way to truly enjoy kratom powder or extract is to introduce it to your favorite food or drinks. Do make sure though to follow the instructions, especially when you’re cooking with kratom. The last thing you want to avoid is spoiling what could have been a unique culinary trip.
What other kratom recipes have you tried? Share us your favorites in the comments section below!
Up next: How To Prepare A Kratom Paste
Disclaimer: As with any natural remedy, please use discretion on the amount and frequency as it can have adverse effects. You can find our full disclaimer here.